Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Memo Board Re-Purposed

I have had this regular cork memo board now for 4 years....it was looong over due for a makeover. It was a very easy and fast project.....and I love the outcome!!
First I sanded the frame a little....it was raw wood...so it had some splinters. Next I just painted it black with acrylic paint that I had on hand. Finally I tacked scrapbook paper to the inside of the frame...it took 6 sheets to cover it...I just slipped each page behind the other. I used a busy print so it was easy to match the design...and in the areas I couldnt get it quit right...you still can't tell it. I used glue dots...so I could change out the paper if I decide to re-decorate. I had also bought wrapping paper to cover it....but seen this scrapbook paper and fell in love...I used the wrapping paper on another project! :) This was the result.......
I added the fluer de lis and the chipboard letter 'C' painted in hotpink to accent!



Up next....how to turn those blahhh sterlite plastic storage drawers into matching decorative pieces.

No comments: