Sunday, January 2, 2011

Crayon Hearts

Today the kids and I made Valentine decorations.This was really easy and fun to do....of course the kids lost interest the moment I told them 'I' would be doing the ironing....LOL

We used an iron to melt crayon shavings between 2 sheets of wax paper....and then I cut out hearts in different shapes...and strung them together to make a banner.



I used my Quickutz font Stardust to write 'Be Mine'....and then hung it in the kitchen window so the light could shine through it like a suncatcher!



Tips: Here are a few suggestions I learned through trial and error...
1. Lay down craft paper on your work surface...and use craft paper on top of the wax paper before ironing...kinda like a sandwhich.
2. If your wax paper starts to pull away from your crayons once you cut it...just place it back down..and melt the wax a little...it will reseal right up!
3. It is better to hand cut these instead of running them through a die-cutting machine....I found that the pressure really crushes the crayon into the wax paper...sometimes tearing it.

No comments: