Thursday, January 6, 2011

Decorating with Paper

Remember those plastic Sterlite containers/drawers....the cheap affordable storage. Yeah...we all use them...me probably in just about EVERY room in my house. But lets face it...they are not the prettiest to look at. When they are in my cabinet...I could care less...but in my scrapbook room....I want cuteness. So I have come up with a easy affordable way to turn them into matching decorative storage units......by using PAPER! Yep...thats right PAPER!

I measured the width and depth of the inside of the drawers...and cut a piece of black cardstock or a piece of pattern paper that I used on my memo board to that measurement. Each drawer has an indention at the front...and this will hold the paper...but if you rather...you can use double sided tape to hold it to the front securely.

I also used paper to decorate my plastic paper holders that are made by Cropper Hopper. Using the same pattern paper I used on the memo board I cut it to fit the front. I then cut a black piece of cardstock about 1/2" less in width and attached it to the pattern paper....then just slip it into the font of the holder.


On my large rolling plastic storage I also cut paper to size on the sides that would be showing...and I rotated pattern with cardstock opposite of what was in the front of the drawer for contrast.



It is a very simple decorating idea...but it does make a BIG difference in the overall look.

No comments: