Sunday, January 2, 2011

'Love' is in the air......

Here is another little Valentine craft that we made yesterday. These pennants are made out of paper...but you could use fabric, plastic, chipboard, felt...or any other material you choose.



Here is a quick HOW-TO:

1. Cut your pennants to size (I just worked with mine till I liked it...no measuring here)...I used Hobby Lobby Cardstock

2. Add a strip of pattern paper to the top that is 1" wide by your pennant width + 1/4 inch so it hangs off the edges just slighty (all pattern paper that I used is KI Memories... I have had it FOREVER...so I don't know the collection)

3. Cut out 8 hearts in desired size...4 in pattern paper and 4 in a matching solid

4. Cut out the centers of the 4 solid colored hearts leaving only the outline (I used Bazzill Bling paper)

5. Last add your sentiment of choice....you could use 'Be Mine' -'Mi Amore'-I (heart) You...or anything fitting for the occassion! I used a Quickutz font called Yogurt to cut my title out of Doodlebug Sugar Coated cardstock.

The best part about this project is I used items I already had. Yep! Thats me being FRUGAL in 2011!! Stay tuned...because there are more 'LoVe' crafts coming!!

I am linking up with CraftOmaniac....come join the fun!!

1 comment:

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Way cute! Can't wait to get started on my Vday banner.