Monday, June 13, 2011

It's a Fishin' Party

My son turned 8 on May 5th..and since he had been really into Cub Scouts..and the great outdoors...he decided he wanted a fishing party. I had the party at the Children's Discovery Center.....and after the party each child was allowed to play all day.

His cake was bought at a local supermarket bakery. I really like the way it turned out...the 'water' on top is a 'gel'....it almost looks like the real thing.




I placed blue table cloths on the table to act as 'water'...and there were 'life savers' in the water.....just in case anyone fell in....



There were 2 'gold fish' bowls with gold fish in them for the kids to eat...this was a big hit.....some kids didn't want to stop eating gold fish to cut the cake.




These are 'Buckets of Bait'...AKA: chocolate ice cream, chocolate oreos and gummy worms....the kids loved this...they kept saying that the worms were moving....LOL



Once the cake was cut and presents were opened...each guest took home a goodie bag filled with fun stuff. I found this fish printable online for free and added the 'Thank You'. I couldn't find my stapler so I used paper clips..and it worked out great because the fish are looking up at the 'hooks' like they are fixing to bite them....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute idea!